About Me

My photo
Helping to know Jesus and make Him known to others

Monday, April 11, 2011

Owerri 18




I have prayed and pondered what this trip meant in the final analysis.  To say that it was a smashing success in every way you could measure is a decided understatement.  God had His Hand upon what we did.  I don’t think He was blessing what we were doing.  I think we were doing what He was blessing.  There is a huge difference!
I miss my brothers and sisters in Nigeria.  They have become part of the narrative of my life.  They are my history now.  I will never be the same person.  God has used them to chisel my soul and make me a better man than I was.  I pray that I will continue to let Him do His work in me.
God is at work in the world right now.  I do not understand all that He is up to nor will I until I can see it in the rear view mirror.  I am at peace in the hollow of His hand knowing that He is in control and not me.  As I left Nigeria this time, I left with the confidence that God will continue His work.  It is, after all, His work that He allows us the privilege of participating in.  At last, only one opinion matters: HIS!  So, I trust that my Nigerian family is in His grasp and that nothing can separate them from the love of Christ – nothing can separate them from our love either.  We are bound together for all eternity.  It’s more than good – it’s God!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment