About Me

My photo
Helping to know Jesus and make Him known to others

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Owerri 16




I spoke with the Rev. Dr. Clement Amadi yesterday.  He said that the people were still in a buzz about our visit.  He thanked me again said to be sure to convey the depth of his thanks to our church.  He is a great man of God.  He is a humble man of God.  We are the richer for having the privilege of knowing him.  He never seems to forget the main thing – that’s right, he keeps the main thing the main thing!  He is always looking for a way to see the Name of Jesus glorified.  Even at the Chieftancy ceremony he told me I would be called on to say something at the reception following.  What should I say?  He said clearly “Just make sure you talk about Jesus!”

Clement has become a good friend to me.  I never tire of talking to him.  He has much wisdom and is attempting to give himself away to his people that they may hear the Good News.  He is a very well respected man and leader.  Truly he has had all the jobs and done all the stuff.  But now he has reached a point in his life that he can do what he chooses and what he chooses is Jesus!  I have told him repeatedly that I pray a long life for him as long as Jesus tarries.  Please join me in that prayer.  This man has much more to give in the Kingdom.  And one other thing: he has a sense of humor.  He knows how to laugh at himself and not take himself too seriously.  I know that I must have entertained him often as I put my foot in my mouth.  I think he is going to be on the fun side of heaven too.

No comments:

Post a Comment