About Me

My photo
Helping to know Jesus and make Him known to others

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Can't Wait....

This begins our Owerri Blog 2011.  We have waited two years to be reunited with our brothers and sisters in Nigeria.  Two years ago I joined Dr. Kennedy Okere in his annual mission adventure to Africa and his home in Imo State, Nigeria.  This was the first time that others from the Sycamore Church had joined with Dr. Okere and Horizon International Mission on the work in Nigeria.  Gary Strickland, Laura Armstrong (now Mrs. Howard Griffin), Dr. Lafayette Burks, and James Barnes were part of this team.  God blessed us in fabulous ways.  People received Jesus as Savior.  People were healed, set free, and delivered.  God used medicine.  He used treatment.  But under it all were the prayers of God’s people.  A link was established on this side of Heaven that cannot be severed. We are family!

Today we leave for Nigeria.  We depart at 7:30 pm and will arrive in Lagos, Nigeria on Friday afternoon.  We spend the night there and then travel on Saturday (a short flight) to Owerri – where I will kiss the ground and thank God that He has brought us through.

I can’t wait to see The Reverend Dr. Clement Amadi – my boss in Nigeria.  I can’t wait to see the look on Dr. Okere’s face as he stares at the throngs of people that will come out for treatment at the clinics.  I can’t wait to see all our friends and make new ones.

Please pray for us on Sunday.  Our team will be leading a Marriage Renewal service for those who have been married for 40 years or more.  Audrey and I almost qualify.
We need your prayers day and night.  If God wakes you, pray for us.  Hear His voice and pray.  We thank for your prayers and support that have made this possible by the hand of God. 
John will be monitoring the blog and the web site, so if you have questions – ask!  I will try to get to an internet café several times.  So, pray that will happen.
We especially thank God for our families.  None of us could do this without them.  I don’t know what I would do without Audrey.  So, please pray God’s protection over our families while we are gone.
Many blessings on you!  I love you.

Dusty



1 comment:

  1. Just heard from the travelers. They arrive safely in Atlanta -their first stop of many.

    ReplyDelete