About Me

My photo
Helping to know Jesus and make Him known to others

Monday, March 28, 2011

Owerri 11



We made our way back to the hotel late in the afternoon.  Nothing happens quickly here.  People take their time to enjoy the moment and spend time with people.  I must say that I have not missed the media overload of my western culture.  I have missed Audrey, Logan, my family and church family a lot.  I wish all of you could see this with your own eyes.  But I guess you will have to settle for seeing it all through the eyes of those who come back to the US.

Megan and Gary went down to the river with me to do a little experiment for my dad.  We encountered many people who were staring at us.  The river is a beautiful turquoise color.  There is lush vegetation on either bank.  You can see the fish swimming around. 
We also visited the “tree” in Ihiagwa.  It is one of the biggest trees I have ever seen.  It’s trunk is the size of a redwood.  The people of Ihiagwa  say that the tree was here before the Igbo  people.  It Is very old.  Our trip to the tree attracted a fair amount of attention.  The people there wanted to have their picture made – mugging for the camera just like in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment