About Me

My photo
Helping to know Jesus and make Him known to others

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Owerri 3 – Saturday morning


It is Saturday morning.  We had a great night of sleep.  We are sitting at the local airport waiting on our flight to Owerri.  We had to pay more to get all our luggage through the airline.  Our flight will leave at about noon or when it fills whichever comes first.

I chatted this morning with a church planter/pastor at the hotel.  His church meets on Sundays at the hotel.  The name of the church is Redeemer Church of God.  He said that people in Lagos were open to the Gospel.  He was quite interested in what we were doing.

Megan attracted the most attention at the airport security.  We did not understand what they were asking her.  But all of us went through security quickly.

James is passing out Slim Jims right now – making sure we will have indigestion the rest of the day.  Gary is eating stuff out of his bag. The people have been very hospitable to us.  One of the security officers asked where I was from.  “Georgia” I said.  He replied “I’m going there one day.”  

I will attempt to get online again very soon.  I don’t know how difficult that will be in Ihiagwa.

Please pray for us to see things through the eyes of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment